Prequalify for a Mortgage Loan with FNCB Bank
Start your journey towards homeownership confidently by prequalifying for a mortgage at FNCB Bank. Our prequalification process is designed to give you a clear understanding of what you can afford before you start your home search. By providing us with a brief overview of your financial history, including your income, assets, and debts, we can estimate the mortgage amount you may qualify for. This step is simple, it can be done over the phone or online, and at no cost to you. Prequalify with FNCB Bank today and take the first step in your home-buying journey with a trusted partner by your side.
Our Mortgage Loans
At FNCB Bank, our mortgage loans are designed with you in mind. Every homebuyer's journey is unique, so we offer various mortgage options to meet your needs. Whether you're a first-time homebuyer, looking to refinance, or interested in investment properties, our team of experienced mortgage professionals is ready to guide you through the process. We are committed to providing the right mortgage solution that aligns with your financial goals and homeownership dreams. Explore our mortgage loan offerings and discover the difference at FNCB Bank.
- Unchanging Interest Rate: Enjoy peace of mind with a fixed-rate mortgage. Your interest rate stays the same for the entire loan term, ensuring your monthly mortgage payments are predictable and stable.
- Flexible Term Options: Tailor your mortgage to your life with various term lengths. Whether you prefer a 15, 20, or 30-year term*, we've got you covered.
- Balanced Payments: Each monthly payment you make chips away at both the principal and the interest of your loan, keeping your finances balanced and manageable.
- Guard Against Rising Rates: With a fixed-rate mortgage, you're insulated from future interest rate hikes. Your mortgage rate remains constant, no matter what the market does.
- Perfect for Long-Term Living: If you're planning to make your house a forever home, a fixed-rate mortgage is an ideal choice. Enjoy the comfort of consistent monthly payments.
- Savings Over Time: While fixed-rate mortgages may have higher initial monthly payments than adjustable-rate mortgages, they can prove to be less expensive over the life of the loan if interest rates increase.
- Freedom to Pay Early: Many fixed-rate mortgages come without prepayment penalties. Pay off your loan early and save on interest over time, all on your terms.
- Refinancing Opportunities: If interest rates take a significant dip, you can refinance your fixed-rate mortgage. Take advantage of lower rates and save more on your mortgage.
*View Rates and Disclosures
FNCB Bank, voted “best mortgage company,” offers our WOW Mortgage, a competitive interest rate mortgage loan for PA, NY, and NJ residents that is designed for you to pay off your mortgage in as little as 10 years.
- Competitive-interest rate mortgage loans
- Suitable for first-time home buyers and those looking to refinance their mortgage.
- WOW Mortgage is designed for individuals with good credit, offering an easy application process and quick pre-qualification.
- Opportunity to pay off home loans in as little as 10 years with fixed, low-interest rates. Loan terms are available in 10 years, 14½ years, or 19½ years*.
- Ability to borrow up to 80% of your home's equity makes it easier to save for homeowner-related expenses, consolidate debt, and make home improvements.
- Escrow accounts are available.
- Refinancing options are available for a stable monthly payment at a lower interest rate.
- Low, fixed interest rates for borrowers with excellent credit history and a good credit score.
- Minimum loan amount of $25,000 with no points.
- Suitable for owners of occupied primary residencies, 1-4 family dwellings, vacation homes, townhouses, and condominiums with good credit history.
- Online pre-qualification and application processes are available.
- Dedicated FNCB team members can assist with any questions or concerns throughout the loan process.
Skip the lines and phone calls and start the online process here for your home mortgage loan today!
*View Rates and Disclosures
An FHA loan is a mortgage insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), a part of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). FNCB Bank offers FHA Loans to residents of Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey. This type of loan has been helping people become homeowners since 1934 and offers several benefits:
- Low down payments: The down payment can be as low as 3.5% of the purchase price.
- Low closing costs: FHA loans are known for their comparatively lower closing costs.
- Easy credit qualifying: FHA loans have more lenient credit requirements, making it easier for a wider range of people to qualify.
- Available on 1-4 unit properties: FHA loans can be used for single-family homes to fourplexes.
- Energy-Efficient Mortgage: Borrowers can include the costs of energy improvements into an FHA Energy-Efficient Mortgage.
- Manufactured housing and mobile homes: FHA provides financing for mobile homes and factory-built housing, with specific loan products for those who own the land that the home is on and for mobile homes located in mobile home parks.
For more information about FHA loan products, potential borrowers can reach out to FNCB Bank’s mortgage department.
A USDA loan is a type of mortgage loan offered to rural and suburban homebuyers in the United States. It's backed by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) as part of its USDA Rural Development Guaranteed Housing Loan program. Here are some key features of USDA loans and regarding eligibility:
- No Down Payment: USDA loans offer 0% down payment options, making homeownership more accessible to those who may not have a large amount of savings.
- Geographical Requirements: To qualify for a USDA loan, the property must be located in an eligible rural or suburban area as defined by the USDA. You can check the USDA's website for maps of eligible areas.
- Income Limits: There are income limits to qualify for USDA loans, which vary by region and family size. The loans are designed for low- to moderate-income families. You can view income eligibility information on USDA’s website.
- Mortgage Insurance: While no down payment is required, USDA loans require an upfront guarantee fee and an annual fee, similar to the structure of mortgage insurance premiums on FHA loans.
USDA loans are an excellent option for individuals and families who are looking to buy homes in rural areas and who meet the income requirements. The no down payment feature makes homeownership more accessible for those who have a steady income but may not have a lot of savings. Contact FNCB Bank’s mortgage team for more information on USDA loans.
A VA loan is a type of mortgage loan in the United States guaranteed by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). This loan program is designed to offer long-term financing to eligible American veterans or their surviving spouses. Here are some key features of VA loans:
- No Down Payment Required: In many cases, no down payment is required*.
- Competitively Low-Interest Rates: VA loans typically offer lower interest rates than conventional loans.
- Limited Closing Costs: The VA limits the closing costs lenders can charge to VA loan applicants.
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI): Unlike other loan types, VA loans do not require PMI, which can result in significant monthly savings.
- Lifetime Benefit: The VA home loan benefit can be used multiple times throughout your life.
- Purchase Loans: These help you purchase a home at a competitive interest rate, often without requiring a downpayment or private mortgage insurance.
- Cash Out Refinance Loans: These allow you to take cash out of your home equity to care for concerns like paying off debt, funding school, or making home improvements.
- Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL): The Streamline Refinance Loan can help you obtain a lower interest rate by refinancing your existing VA loan.
Eligibility for VA loans is based on the length of service or service commitment, duty status, and character of service. For more information on VA Loans, contact FNCB Bank’s mortgage team.
VA HOME LOAN BUYER'S GUIDE
*The option for no down payment is available, provided that the home's sales price does not exceed its appraised value. This value is determined through a professional property review. Please note that this offering is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
FHLB (Federal Home Loan Bank) First Front Door Program
The First Front Door (FFD) program is a special mortgage initiative that provides financial assistance to qualified first-time homebuyers. FNCB Bank is a proud provider of the FFD mortgage program. Here are some key features of the FFD program:
- Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance: For every $1 the homebuyer contributes, FFD provides $3 in assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000. This assistance can be used for down payments and closing costs.
- Participation: The FFD program is offered by members of FHLBPittsburgh. Homebuyers must finance their first mortgage through a participating FFD provider, like FNCB Bank, to access the FFD funds.
- Application Process: The application process for the FFD program is conducted in conjunction with the first mortgage financing. The lender collects the necessary documentation and completes the application process on behalf of the homebuyer.
- Approval: FHLB works with the lender to review the application and eligibility within 10 business days. Upon approval, the homebuyer has six months to use the grant.
The FFD program is a great opportunity for first-time homebuyers to receive financial assistance, making homeownership more accessible and affordable. Contact FNCB Bank’s mortgage team today with any questions regarding the First Front Door Program.
- Must be a first-time homebuyer.
- Must contribute personal funds towards the down payment and closing costs.
- Household income must be at or below 80% of the area median income.
- Not a student working less than 30 hours per week.
- Must complete at least four hours of homeownership counseling.
- There is no cash back at settlement; the lender should provide no more than $250 cash back at loan closing.
- Must retain the home for five years from the loan closing date.
- Funds can be used on eligible properties intended as the primary residence.
*Information regarding program eligibility comes directly from the First Front Door Program. This information is updated as of July 28, 2023*
Are you dreaming of building your perfect home from the ground up? A lot mortgage loan could be your first step towards making that dream a reality. This type of loan allows you to secure the perfect piece of land now, allowing you to plan your future home at your own pace.
Here's why a lot mortgage loan could be the right choice for you:
- Make Your Vision a Reality: With a lot loan, you can choose your ideal location and lay the groundwork for your dream home.
- Flexible Terms: While these loans typically have terms of five to fifteen years, this gives you ample time to plan and start constructing your home.
- Step-by-Step Financing: By separating the land purchase from the construction process, you can focus on one financial commitment at a time.
- Potential for Refinancing: Once you're ready to build, you can refinance your lot loan into a construction loan, streamlining your financing process.
If you have questions about Lot Loans to finance the first step of your home-building process, contact FNCB Bank’s mortgage team today.
Talk to a mortgage expert today.
Mortgage Loan FAQ
Home Financing Calculators
What will I need to apply for a mortgage loan?
Depending on the type of mortgage loan you’re applying for, you will need a combination of these items:
- Proof of Income (pay stubs, W-2s, tax returns)
- Employment Information (current job details)
- Good Credit Information (credit score and report)
- Bank Statements (for the past few months)
- Identification and Personal Info
- Proof of Address
- Tax Returns (sometimes required)
- Employment Verification
- Debt Information
- Purchase Agreement (if applicable)
Is a home equity loan or HELOC a mortgage loan?
A home equity loan is not the same as a mortgage. While a mortgage is used to purchase a home, a home equity loan allows homeowners to borrow against the equity they've built in their property over time. The equity loan provides a lump sum of money based on the home's current value minus the remaining mortgage balance, and it is commonly used for home improvements, debt consolidation, or other major expenses. Unlike a mortgage used for property acquisition, a home equity loan offers a way to access existing home equity for various financial needs while being secured by the property itself.
For more information on the types of home equity loans and HELOCs that FNCB Bank offers, check out our Home Equity Loan page.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HELOCS
What are "points" on a mortgage loan?
Points on a mortgage loan, also called mortgage points or discount points, are upfront fees equal to 1% of the total loan amount that borrowers can pay to the lender during closing. There are two types: discount points, which lower the interest rate over the loan term, reduce monthly payments, and potentially save money long-term, and origination points, which cover loan processing costs but do not affect the interest rate. Deciding whether to pay points depends on factors such as your plans to stay in the home, available cash, and the time it takes to break even on the upfront cost through lower payments. Seeking advice from a qualified mortgage lender such as FNCB Bank can help you in this process.
Should I refinance my mortgage?
Deciding whether to refinance your home is a significant financial consideration that depends on several factors. Refinancing can be beneficial if current mortgage rates are lower than the rate on your existing loan, potentially leading to reduced monthly payments and overall interest costs. Additionally, refinancing could be a strategic move if you aim to switch from an adjustable-rate mortgage to a fixed-rate one for added stability.
However, it's essential to weigh the costs associated with refinancing, such as closing fees and other expenses, against the potential savings. Consider your long-term plans for the property, as refinancing resets the loan term and could extend the time it takes to build equity. Consulting with a mortgage professional can provide valuable insights and help you determine if refinancing aligns with your financial goals and circumstances.
FNCB Bank's "Should I Refinance?" Mortgage Calculator
Which mortgage is right for me?
Determining the best mortgage for you depends on various factors, including your financial situation, goals, and risk tolerance. If you value stability and predictable payments, a fixed-rate mortgage may be the better choice, as it locks in an interest rate for the entire loan term, protecting you from potential rate fluctuations. On the other hand, if you plan to sell or refinance within a few years or believe that interest rates might decrease in the future, an adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) with its initially lower rate could be more suitable.
Consider your long-term plans, your ability to handle potential rate adjustments, and how much you can afford monthly payments. Consulting with FNCB Bank’s mortgage team can help you analyze your options and select the mortgage that aligns with your financial needs and future objectives.
FNCB Bank's "Which Mortgage Is Right For Me?" Mortgage Calculator