Opt-In: Extended Overdraft Protection
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account or personal line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if FNCB pays my overdraft?Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $35.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is a limit of five fees per day that we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want FNCB to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, please let us know:
By Mail - click here to complete the form and mail it to any one of our convenient branch locations
In person – stop in at any of our convenient branch locations
By phone – give us a call at 1-877-TRY-FNCB
Online – declare your election below and click 'Submit'
Overdraft Protection Form
You may submit the following form to opt-in or out of extended Bounce Protection for ATM and everyday debit card transactions. If you do opt-out of extended Bounce Protection, you understand that FNCB will not provide overdraft protection for ATM and everyday debit card purchases.